Monday, July 6, 2009

Farm Life

This is an early spring shot of the garden, it has grown alot since this picture was taken.
So what have we done lately, well lots of weeding, the kids have been doing an awesome job, as well as my dear hubby, we have all been working really hard getting ready for our workshop/tour we are hosting this Sunday, July 12. A fabulous organization we belong to, Rural Roots, is coordinating this and we are hosting.


So of course, my crazy, perfection ways take over, like a farm can be perfect, please!!! But, I will try of course, lol. This week is reality week, just getting done what we absolutely can. But I am sure everything will look fine, it always does.
Betsi had her piglets last week, she had 10 but we have 6 left. That is the life of a pig farmer, the mortality rate is high, but it so so worth it, I love the piglets!

Last week, we picked up our first load of hay, four tons! And used our elevator to move it to the back of the barn, that was awesome! This week we will pick up six more tons, that should get us through the winter. Have I mentioned I hate to move hay, I am the stacker, and I hate it, but when it is done I am so relieved!!!


We had some really nice rain today, a bit of wind, but so much cooler than last week, like 15 degrees cooler! It sure felt good after last weeks heat. Most of this week will be cooler with a few rain showers here and there, good farm work weather that is for sure!
I will let you know how the tour went next week, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your tour goes well!! Miss you tons! Sounds like crazy farm days like always haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize about the hay. We had 15 tons delivered but the stacking goes fairly easily with 3-4 people. Yesterday I spent with a friend getting two 3-ton loads and stacking them in her small hay shelter. My back is killing me!!

    How many pigs and what breed(s) do you have? Do you have a website for your farm or is this it?

    Karen B in Athol

    ReplyDelete