Monday, October 18, 2010

Barn Work Day

Another gorgeous fall day in Priest River, how can you not want to be outside working? Sunday was barn cleaning day, we cleaned the goat barn, trimmed hooves, and wormed everyone. Now I know why my arm is hurting this morning, since we have 8 does, 32 little hooves can be a bit tough to trim in one setting!


Here is Alyssa cleaning the brooders, working with her happy farm heart! We had 7 chicks delivered to us by our new layer for this year, she is a Speckled Sussex, and is obviously a good mom, they will be in the brooder for awhile though.
Ronald, my honey, and main farm worker is working hard, hoping to catch some afternoon football when we are done! We just cleaned this barn this spring, so not too bad cleaning.
Alex, my #1 son, has his very happy farm smile on, he loves farm work as much as I do, the goats are in the background, anxiously awaiting a clean home. Again, the weather is gorgeous,
the weather man said the nicest October in 5 years. No wonder I am enjoying farm work so much this fall. Hope everyone is enjoying their fall work as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment